Analysis of the essay
When I think and see how technology has taken toll on us makes me say wait a minute, where are we headed with these gadgets? I can't agree more that the computer technology have adversely affected the functionality of human beings in the way we use it. Even simple arithmetic or logical stuff that we used to do by putting our own brains to work seem to have been taken over by the computers. When I don't know the answer to anything, I google it. It has indeed brainwashed us as Sarah Stein puts it in her writing.Lots of car accidents have been caused by drivers who are driving while surfing the apple products. Many lectures have been missed by students who instead of paying attention, get preoccupied with the twitter, facebook and all sorts of social during lecture. I blame the arrival of technology that has deprived the attentiveness that was being witnessed before the arrival of these goodies.
So what do we do when everybody seem to be doing it and getting updated with the technology? I am not against the technology as I am in it as well. I believe these are some of the issues that Stein was confronting and the dilemma of this innovation cannot be wished away! The commercials are as well in the rise yet people know what they want even before it is advertized.
No comments:
Post a Comment